Cutting-edge research in immune modulation
The working groups of the Department of Immune Modulatory at the University Hospital Erlangen deal with immunological issues in the context of inflammatory autoimmune diseases and transplant rejection. A major focus of our department is the translation of basic immunological findings into new therapeutic applications for humans.
The department is dedicated to the following main research areas:
- CD83 induced immune-regenerative effects and resolution of inflammation
- Immune-modulation in autoimmunity and transplantation
- Transcriptional in vivo targeting of Dendritic cells (DCs)
- Cell-specific biological function of CD83 expressing immune cells
- Interaction of DCs and viruses
Furthermore, the employees teach molecular medicine and biology students in the field of molecular and cellular immunology.